Wine Tasting - Josh Pinot Noir

Name: Josh Cellars Pinot Noir
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Country: United States
Region: California (Central Coast)
Year: 2020
Price: $17


Wine Critic Review: 
"Red-cherry and light smoke aromas are fresh and charming on the nose of this bottling. The palate hits with bright flashes of raspberry and cherry, as sumac and star anise add intrigue and the acidity lingers long." - Matt Kettman from Wine Enthusiast 
Wine Folly References: Pinot Noir from the Wine Folly website -- Pinot Noir is the most popular light-bodied red wine, known for its sweeter, smoother, and more palatable flavors. It's described as having primary flavors of cherry, raspberry, mushroom, clove, and hibiscus, and only as moderately dry and medium-high acidity. It's recommended to be decanted for about 30 minutes, and best served in an aroma collector glass. 

My Review: I'd say this was a pretty decent Pinot Noir experience! It had a lighter, bright red color to it that gave hints to its sweet flavor. The fruity flavors were definitely there through and through, as the aromas were strong in cherry, which created a deeper kind of sweetness. I was pleasantly surprised by how it wasn't too dry at all, but the acidity was hard to palate at first. The flavors were much sweeter and fruitier than I expected, I found the cherry notes to be the most prominent but raspberry wasn't too far behind. However, it had a cough-syrup-like aftertaste that wasn't great after a few sips, so I'm not sure if I'd buy a whole bottle again. Overall, it tasted pretty similar to other Pinot Noirs I've tried, and was easy to drink. 

With food? -- No, but I think this would've been awesome with food!





Comments